Stuffed Peppers

Stuffed Peppers


Bell peppers (1 per person)
1 cup cooked rice
1 cup homemade tomato sauce
1/2 kilo (1 pound) ground beef
2 cups shredded cheese (I used half homemade and half store bought mozzarella) 

Cut the top off of the peppers and drop into boiling water for 5 minutes.
Cook the ground beef and mix with the tomato sauce and about 2/3 of the cheese.
Stuff the filling into the peppers and place in a baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
Put in an oven at 180*C (130*F) for 20 minutes.

---------------------------------------------------

The first time I ever attempted stuffed peppers I opened my email to tell my mom about my latest cooking success.  I found a message from her telling about how she tried a stuffed peppers recipe that very night!  (On the third or fourth time in her life she's ever tired it.)  So fun to know that even 10,000 miles apart we're cooking the same thing for dinner without even knowing it!

This is the recipe I made on the cooking show (That Time I Was On TV).  I altered the recipe to make it work for TV, but it tasted great!

Comments

Popular Posts