Super Green Soup

Super Green Soup

1 can (14 oz/400 ml) coconut milk
2 cups broccoli (fresh or frozen)
1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
2 cups spinach (fresh or frozen)
1/2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
salt

1.  Dump everything into a pot.
2.  Cook it until all of the veggies are soft.
3.  Remove from heat and puree with blender or immersion blender.
4.  Ta-da!  You can eat it right away or keep it in the fridge and heat it up later.

----------
I love looking through recipes.  I tend to make about 1/8th of all the recipes I save but every now and then something inspires me: I buy all the ingredients, and then make my own version of what ever it is that caught my attention.  

A month ago I was looking through one of my favorite pages and came across one that called for a box of Creamy Super Green Soup from a company called Imagine.  I knew that nothing like that would exist here but I was intrigued.  I looked up their website and jotted down the ingredients.  It's taken me a month to get around to making it, but I'm sure glad I did, and I will certainly make it again!  The flavor was very "green" but I love green!  I took it to work for lunch with a tortilla and some cheese and it filled me up for the rest of the day.  Super easy, healthy, and really yummy!

Comments

Popular Posts