Nutella French Toast

Nutella French Toast


2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
8 slices of bread
Nutella (or other chocolate/hazelnut spread or even peanut butter)
Butter
Banana
Powdered sugar for dusting

1.  Whisk together eggs, milk and powdered sugar.
2.  Spread Nutella on 4 slices of bread and top with the other 4 slices of bread.
3.  Heat a skillet and melt a small amount of butter.
4.  Dip both sides of each sandwich in the egg mixture (let it sit for 5-10 seconds on each side to let it soak up a little bit).
5.  Place in the skillet and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes per side (it should get nicely browned but not burnt).
6.  Serve with more Nutella drizzled over the top, a sprinkle of powdered sugar and thinly slice banana on top.

----------------------------------------------------------
French toast is something that brings back good memories for me.  My mom used to make French toast for breakfast when I was little.  In elementary school we always had frozen French toast sticks in the freezer for after school snacks.  And a friend of mine makes an amazingly delicious baked French toast that she served at our annual murder mystery weekends.  (French toast even inspired my biggest cooking fail ever: scrambled eggs with cinnamon in the microwave when I was 14.)  

I have never attempted to make any of these for my husband for my husband because he HATES cinnamon and how do you make French toast with out it?  Today I was really in the mood for French toast and decided to give this idea a try.  It was a HUGE hit!  It was easy, fast, and super tasty.  I will be making this again very soon!

Comments

Popular Posts