Slow Cooker Jambalaya

 Slow Cooker Jambalaya

2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
2 sweet peppers, diced
1 hot pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
2 cups chicken broth or water
1 can crushed tomato with garlic
1 teaspoon each of: paprika, salt, powdered garlic, black pepper, oregano, thyme, rosemary, cayenne pepper
1 1/2 cups uncooked rice

1.  Throw everything except for the rice in a slow cooker and cook on medium for three hours.
2.  Add in rice and cook for another 2 hours until rice is tender.
3.  Serve and enjoy!

------------------------------------

Life has gotten a lot more busy these days.  I'm a working mama now.  I decided recently that I need to be more intentional with my food choices (I was eating buttered pasta three times a week).  One way to do that is making a weekly menu of foods that are yummy, easy, and make enough leftovers for lunch the next day.  One of my favorite kitchen tools is the slow cooker because you can throw everything in and leave it to do its thing (and all day you get to smell it!).  I found a recipe online and fixed it up to fit out tastes and what we have available here.  It checks all the boxes, easy, flavorful, and plenty of leftovers for tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts