White Pasta

White Pasta


pasta
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup sour cream (15 cl crème fraîche)
cheese of your choice
add-ins of your choice (see below)
pinch of black pepper

1.  Boil pasta.
2.  In a skillet brown the onions and garlic in oil.  
3.  Stir in the sour cream and cheeses of your choice (this time I used a little bit of cheddar, triangle cheese [similar to Laughing Cow's Creamy Swiss spreadable cheese], slice of America cheese, and mozzarella). 
4.  Once the cheese has all melted together mix in your add-ins of your choice and sprinkle with black pepper.
5.  Drain pasta and mix with cheese sauce.

NOTE on cheese: You can use whatever cheese you have on hand in whatever amounts.  If you have a lot of different cheeses use smaller amounts of each.  If you only have one or two cheeses use a little bit more.

NOTE on add-ins: It's like McDonald's, you can have it your way!  Some of my favorite add-ins are grilled chicken, salami, olives, mushrooms, shrimp.  M, who is slightly obsessed with Ranch Dressing, likes plopping a dollop on top. 

--------------
It's Build-A-Pasta!  This dish is so customizable it can suit the tastes of anyone at the table.  The first time I ever saw my roommate make this dish I thought she was crazy.  I thought the sour cream flavor would overwhelm everything.  BUT while it cooks the flavor mellows and leaves you with a creamy base that you can add whatever you want.  It's now a favorite for my husband and I when we want a quick meal because it really only takes the cook time of the pasta to get it on the table.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you posted this. Just last night I thought I should write and ask you for this recipe because we liked it so much but I'd forgotten how you made it. I will definitely be making this very soon! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts